Monday, August 15, 2011

adventure....

I have been thinking a lot about life, such as where I want to live, where I want to travel and even those sensations in life you cant explain, those sensations that only happen once or the feelings that are my favorite. I have also been seeking adventure when I am on an adventure. I feel like I want to see it all, or regret not seeing everything. I know that life is more about the journey rather than the destination, but my greed for adventure and life makes me want it all. Here is a list of my favorite sensation, no particular order...

  • When the Utes beat ByWHO
  • the feeling and buildup to a new Utes season and individual game. 
  • taking a road trip to a beautiful place for the first time.
  • campfire when you are staying in a hotel but wish you were camping.
  • crisp morning mountain air, when it is so cold you need a jacket, but the air makes your lungs feel so refreshed.
  • when you see your loved ones for the first time in a while, even a short while.
  • the look your dog gives you when you see him or when you leave.
  • hearing a I love you without having to say I love you first. 
  • the taste of a great beer that you have never had before.
  • the buildup to a vacation you imagined in your head and the idea of not knowing what to expect when on that vacation.
  • meeting a great person for the first time and speaking with them for hours (thanks for the stories Brendan Barnes from South Africa, living in Banff National Park)
  • looking at a panoramic view of a great city
  • looking at a panoramic of a great natural view like a mountain range, lake, canyon, etc.
  • when you have studied so hard, or worked so hard for a test or event and you complete it.
  • when you hear a song that makes the hair on your neck rise.
  • a great concert that you feel could go on for days
  • when your family gets together for a major event, or for the hell of it.
  • Man Camping
  • when your best friends and yourself loosen up with some drinks and everyone expresses how much they love each other. 
  • downhill mountain biking.
  • realizing that life is about the journey, not just the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment